Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Public Health Ontario Laboratory - Thunder Bay
Job ID: 21-0364
Closing Date: August 2, 2021
Internal candidates will be considered first
To provide a range of administrative services to support the operations and services of an assigned unit/department.
- Provides various administrative services to support the programs, services and/or operations of an assigned unit/department.
- Coordinates work flow in support of unit/department programs/services/operations.
- Responds to calls and provides information to contacts regarding program specific administrative processes requiring coordination of information with others to provide services and resolve problems.
- Coordinates administrative matters for the unit/department (e.g. invoice processing, maintaining supply inventory and purchasing supplies and equipment, contracts, PCard reconciliation, human resource forms).
- Arranges scheduling and logistics of meetings Establishes and/or maintains filing and related office systems containing letters, memoranda, reports, minutes, regulatory records, or clients' files.
- Establishes and/or maintains filing and related office systems containing letter, memoranda, reports, minutes, regulatory records or client's files.
- Supports research administration (e.g., updating commons CVs, coordinating publication materials)
- Monitors and maintains lists for the unit/department (e.g., generic team/department email accounts; contact lists using specialized software (e.g., within the Stakeholder Relationship Management system).
- Provides email, calendar, word processing, spreadsheet and related services utilizing specialized software/technology to support the delivery of administrative services including searching, accessing, manipulating, verifying and setting up data and maintaining systems.
- Contributes to, and provides input into unit business processes/ procedures.
- Provides back-up support to team members during peak periods, such as data entry or processing of forms and provides coverage for the main reception area as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of program specific administrative processes, practices, and procedures to provide a range of administrative services in support of service/program delivery.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of various general office and specialized software (spreadsheet, accounts, database management).
Education and Experience-
- Completion of a post-secondary secretarial or administrative assistant program.
- Three years' of related administrative support experience.
Attributes and Competencies-
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to respond to calls, liaise with staff across the unit/department/organization.
- Written communication skills to draft responses to inquiries.
- Organizational skills to arrange logistics of meetings, coordinate work flow and coordinate other administrative matters.