Responsible to the Roads Foreman for working as a labourer and / or flagman on summer and winter maintenance activities.
Also involves the operation of tractors with attachments, trucks for snow plowing, sanding and general summer use, rollers, chainsaws, compressors and other designated equipment requiring special skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Work independently or in larger groups to assist with completion of road maintenance tasks involving shoveling, raking, digging, sweeping, etc.
2. Assist with the completion of various activities including platform maintenance (including cold mix patching and power sweeping), roadside maintenance (including grass cutting and shoulder grading), traffic maintenance (including signage repairs, line painting), storm water management (including ditching and catch basin repairs) and winter maintenance (including plowing, sanding and patrolling).
3. Drive a variety of vehicles from smaller utility trucks to large dump trucks as required.
4. Drive large combination snow plow / sander trucks in winter months for completion of winter road maintenance activities.
5. Complete minor repairs on all vehicles and equipment, report major equipment and vehicle defects to Foreman and assist with equipment repair as required.
6. Complete all documents as required including work orders, inventory reports and equipment records.
7. Comply with provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
8. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
9. Perform other duties assigned.
Has knowledge of and demonstrated ability in our corporate competencies :
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION