Job Summary :
The incumbent operates and maintains the City’s green spaces, parks, cemeteries, playgrounds and trails, outdoor facilities and the Frank Slim Building
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Operates and maintains parks, trails, boulevards, playgrounds, campground, the Frank Slim Building and maintains equipment and outdoor structures.
2. Assists with installation of outdoor structures, implementation of landscaping and installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
3. Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
4. Responds to citizen / tourist requests for information and responds to or passes on complaints.
5. Monitors park users and responds to emergency situations.
6. Enforces established standards of conduct and decorum and appropriate use of equipment.
7. Prepares grave sites, performs interments and finishes site, including installing headstones.
8. Assists with implementing special events and Parks & Recreation programs.
9. Covers for Shipyards Park Labourer as assigned.
10. Acts as Crew Leader as assigned.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.