This is a paid freelance, remote position - that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
The editorial team at TheGamer is looking for a features writer to contribute dynamic feature articles to our sites. The selected candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunities within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video production, animation, or script writing.
Above all else, we are looking for applicants with a passion for the type of content we cover. Before applying, please visit thegamer.com and review the type of articles that we create.
We seek writers who are driven to succeed, have a way with words, and keep up with what's trending in the gaming world. We are looking for original, informative, and eye-catching articles that will change the way people think about gaming!
- Contribute feature articles regularly in TheGamer’s style (following the requisite training period)
- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Generate unique pitch ideas
- Remain up to date on upcoming releases and rumors
- Collaborate directly with the editorial team
- Broad knowledge of gaming history and culture
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of what it means to write a "Feature"
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What TheGamer has to offer:
- Collaborative environment that is perfect for someone who is passionate about contributing to the success of TheGamer
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
The hiring team at TheGamer will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: thegamer.com
Powered by JazzHR