What will you do?
As a CNC Router Operator you are responsible for safe operation of the Multi-Cam CNC routers. You will load raw sheets of aluminum onto the router table, calibrate the machine, input the settings, and monitor the machine will it cuts aluminum parts. Operators will learn to identify the correct gauge of aluminum that is to be cut by the routers. Over time, operators will learn how to safely assist Brake Press Operators and will provide support to Material Handlers as required.
- Operation of CNC Routers.
- Perform daily inspection and maintenance of routers.
- Manage storage of crop material and vacuum and chip collection.
- Operate various hand and power tools.
- Operator overhead crane to move material from storage area to router tables.
- Assist Brake Press Operators and Material Handlers as required.
- Follow all applicable KingFisher Boats and WorkSafeBC Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience or interest in machining, metal work, fabrication, or manufacturing;
- Ability to read measuring devices such as tape measure and calipers;
- Ability to read blue prints and understand work orders;
- Basic computer skills;
- Previous experience or training in the safe operation of forklift and/or overhead crane is an asset;
- Previous experience in a similar role is an asset.
At KingFisher, we recognize and embrace the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- Understanding and ability to maintain a safe work environment;
- Ability to work independently or with others to achieve a common goal;
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – follow direction with minimal supervision;
- Willing and open to learn each day;
- Show pride in work on a daily basis;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical effort is required, e.g., walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward;
- Exposure to factors such as temperature variations, fumes, moving machinery, humidity, toxic materials which may cause periods of discomfort, high noise levels;
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed;
- Noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists.
- Job Type: Full-Time
Candidates must be available either shift:
- Day Shift - Monday to Friday – 5:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Weekend Shift - Friday to Sunday – 5:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Opening is for the Weekend Shift, with training possibly occurring on the Day Shift for 1-2 weeks.
We will review all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be called.