1) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically asignificant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques tosolve problems and make design recommendations under direction ofsupervisor.
Assess results for application, validity andconformance to specifications. Recommend material and processspecifications.
2) Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems(e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design ofExperiments, Mold Flow, SPC, software development).
3) Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish projectobjectives.
4) Monitor and report project costs including capital andcross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and / orpolicy changes.
With supervisor, recommend capital expenditureand production methods for existing or enhanced products orprocesses.
5) Study and recommend techniques to improve existing products / processes.
6) Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
7) With supervisor, formulate and recommend engineering policiesand technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
8) Provide supervision to technicians.
1) Possess a Degree in Engineering
2) Possess 2 - 3 related experience
3) Prefer experience with TQM methods (e.g. "six sigma")
4) Display a solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (e.g. CAD and its application or scheduling a series of technical tasks utilizing software-based tools.
5) Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline
6) Demonstration application of engineering principles on individual / small projects