Job Summary :
The incumbent assists with ensuring the operation and maintenance of the City’s cemeteries.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Assists with co-ordination of and performs the operation and maintenance of the cemeteries, including turf, trees and gardens.
2. Directs, assigns, checks and maintains the flow of work of staff assigned to their crew and provides input to performance appraisals.
3. Follows and ensures reporting staff follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards and ensures equipment is maintained in safe and working order.
4. Enforces established standards of conduct and decorum.
5. Answers or distributes enquiries and distributes information.
6. Under the direction of the Parks Leadhand / Parks Supervisor, maintains cemetery records, statistics, prepares reports and contributes to cemetery budget development and implementation.
7. Maintains equipment inventory, researches and purchases supplies and materials, and prepares preliminary proposal calls and tenders.
8. Provides input to the Cemetery Bylaw and operating procedures.
9. Acts as Parks Leadhand as assigned.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.