Working at PCM Canada
PCM Canada supports clients in reaching their business goals. PCM Canada is an exciting and rewarding place to work for both IT and business professionals.
We strive to provide the highest standard of service, while leveraging the latest technology. The deep, long-lasting relationships with our loyal clients are a testament to our award-
winning and industry recognized people and processes.
Here at PCM Canada, we've built an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic; constantly evolving to the changing technology industry.
Our innovative approach promotes consistent growth and expansion that have created numerous career and advancement opportunities.
This is echoed in our all of our internal practices as PCM Canada provides its employees with the latest training, programs and devices needed to complete their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Kick-start your IT career by joining our PCM family
PCM Canada has delivered the right technology to clients for over 30 years. Over the decades, PCM Canada has partnered with top technology brands like Apple, HP, Dell, Microsoft and Cisco to offer our customers the best IT solutions available on the market.
This success wouldn't be possible without the dedicated, motivated PCMers that make up our growing family.
We offer a full benefits program which includes Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, Extended HealthCare (including a Vision Care program), and Dental care.
We also follow a comprehensive workplace health and safety program to ensure our employees are given the most comfortable and productive work environment possible.
About the Company
PCM Canada, is a full spectrum, enterprise-wide technology solutions provider that has been in the IT business since 1984.
hardware and software procurement services; and managed services (computer facilities management, application management, support / help desk and life cycle management services, etc.
With 600 IT professionals and support staff, we deliver quality service from our office locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Richmond Hill, Markham, Etobicoke, Winnipeg, and Vancouver.
Job Title : Technical Analyst l
Business Unit : Managed & Technical Services
Reports to (Title) : Team Lead, Technical Analyst
Location : Edmonton, Alberta
General Accountability :
The Technical Analyst reports to the Team Lead, Technical Analyst. The Technical Analyst is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, installing and upgrading of computer hardware, printers, peripherals, and other telecommunication or instrumentation devices or hardware, as well as providing technical assistance and training to system users.
Specific Accountabilities :
Entry Level. Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and upgrading of computer equipment and other hardware. Provides on-
site IT Services. Duties may include :
1. Assembles and configures computers and peripherals
2. Installs necessary drivers for required component and tests its functionality
3. Performs routine equipment maintenance and upgrading tasks
4. Troubleshoots basic equipment problems and refers more complex problems to experienced staff
5. Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems; and recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
6. Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
7. Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote Acrodex's vision and values
8. Able to work with a flexible schedule and to be able to participate on an on-call rotation
9. Able to work as part of a team; when required able to work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications (Education / Experience / Skills / Abilities)
1. IT related Certificate or Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution preferred
2. 1-2 years related troubleshooting experience and / or IT customer service experience
3. Strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
4. A+ certification and another hardware / software related certification would be an asset
5. MCSE or MCP, PDI+ designation an asset
6. Current Class 5 Alberta Driver's License
7. Drivers Abstract required
Physical Requirements :
Handling maximum of 21-50 lbs.
20- 50 lbs. (occasional) - low level lifting
20- 50 lbs. (frequent) - waist level lifting
20-50 lbs. (rare) - above shoulder lifting
20- 50 lbs. (occasional) - front carry
5-20 lbs. (rare) - side carry
Pushing / Pulling (hand carts and dollies)
60-100 lbs. (occasional)
Sitting / driving (constant)
Trunk rotation (rare)
Crouching / squatting / kneeling / crawling (occasional)
Walking and standing (frequent)
Climbing stairs (occasional)
Hand use (frequent)