Reporting to the Director, Clinical Informatics, the Clinical Informatics Specialist participates in education and training for relevant Meditech and other vendor software, completes present systems analyses, including flowcharting of current systems.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist is knowledgeable about the uses of clinical information for upstream and downstream requirements, understanding the need for integration of clinical information collected from various sources and disciplines.
He / she is responsible for defining clinical requirements and expected outcomes for electronic systems, and identifying actual and potential barriers to implementation of electronic information systems in order to develop strategies and solutions to reduce their impact.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist develops selection criteria for appropriate data input devices and related hardware for use in the clinical area, and redesigns clinical process, clearly defining the impact of change on stakeholders.
Using Meditech and other software and tools to translate clinical requirements into electronic form, the Clinical Informatics Specialist presents, evaluates and refines these prototypes against requirements in an iterative manner to provide an optimum solution.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist implements electronic solutions in the clinical areas, including development of implementation strategy, training, go live criteria, backup procedures, evaluation and extension.
He / she develops stakeholder education content and strategies, and participates in implementation and evaluation of education programs.
Schedule Work HoursMonday to Friday, days; occasional weekends, holidays, and on-call based on the requirements of the specific project.
1. Current Certificate of Registration as a Regulated Health Professional in Ontario.
2. Baccalaureate Degree in a related field of study.
3. A minimum of 5 years of recent, clinical experience.
4. Ability to analyze and participate in the redesign of complex clinical processes.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and group skills.
7. Demonstrated problem identification and resolution skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to initiate and model positive change.
9. A willingness to extend his / her knowledge of clinical information systems, share knowledge with others, and demonstrated superior, self-directed learning skills.
10. Must possess the ability to view things from a systems perspective.
11. Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Products, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and must have the ability and willingness to learn Project, Visio and Access and other tools as necessary.
12. Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to handle the complete project life cycle including, analysis, defining systems requirements, design, testing and implementation, training and documentation, with ongoing evaluation and support for all systems.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All Internal applicants may apply online through the Careers website or by submitting a Competition Application Form.
External applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Service Centre at 1-
877-667-2700 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset