Department Operations Support Affiliation MoveUP Job Status Full Time Temporary Approximate End Date for Temporary Job 11 / 1 / 2019 MoveUP Pay Group 9 Starting Salary $33.
99 / hr Responsibilities 1. Process project requests from key accounts (e.g. builders and developers), external agencies, FortisBC departments, as well as end-
use customers and perform variety of increasingly complex operational and maintenance functions. Match customer requirements to established service and product definitions and pricing to produce customer contracts.
2. Process project requests such as billable and non-billable orders professionally and in accordance with established policies and procedures including maximum project pipe sizing of 219 mm (8 ), metering requirements with load profiles, per meter, of less than 400 cubic metres per hour, DP system work only.
Projects may include low-rise vertical subdivisions.
3. Complete planning and design projects in accordance with FortisBC policies, procedures and standards; prepare gas plant layout with consideration to existing and future foreign utility data and legal land-
base information, confirm and update pipe sizing. Utilize economic test tool to determine price of installation; identify and obtain internal and external approvals and prerequisites, request materials and manufactured items and coordinate mains, service and meter work.
4. Attend to operational and maintenance issues such as overbuilds of plant related customer classes, metering consolidations / de-
consolidations, meter protection, commercial / industrial metering assembly upgrades, corrosion maintenance (houseline / riser replacement, anode bed install / removal), DP service line additions / removals, simple main and valve lowerings, raisings, and / or abandonments, activities related to hazard remediation and system maintenance.
respond to customer inquiries including but not limited to installation costs, bill calculations, and the scheduling of work.
6. Provides guidance direction to Planning and Design Technicians within the department, support to the Project Management Office (e.
g. minor level coordination of activities such as station signage, painting, electrical requirements, fencing).
7. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, including driving a vehicle, which do not affect the rating of the job.
Requirements 1. Completion of a recognized post-secondary Technology Diploma in an appropriate discipline, or a certificate and equivalent education.
2. Certified or eligible for certification at the technician (C.Tech.) level by the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) AND five (5) years directly related, relevant work experience, typically gained as a Planning and Design Technician OR Certified or eligible for certification at the technologist (AScT) level by the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) and Two (2) years directly related, relevant work experience, typically gained as a Planning and Design Technician.
3. Demonstrated strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure during peak workload periods in order to meet tight deadlines.
4. Demonstrated sound verbal communication skills including telephone call handling skills and the ability to respond to difficult or demanding situations with tact and diplomacy.
5. Demonstrated courteous, professional manner in dealing with internal and external contacts and customers, including positive interpersonal skills and the ability to provide direction in a team environment.
Demonstrated superior customer service and product promotion skills.
6. Demonstrated sound working knowledge of various specialized software applications required to support operations activities (e.
g. SAP, GIS, CAFÉ, IC Web) and the MS Office suite of applications. Keyboarding at an intermediate level.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of natural gas utilization and construction practices.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
9. Demonstrated sound analytical and decision-making skills.
10. Valid British Columbia Drivers license.