facilitates the planning, implementation and outcome of ethics based clinical trials, applying principles of research methodology, epidemiology, pharmacology, critical appraisal, and informed consent.
Through the multifaceted role of coordinator, educator, patient advocate, consultant and care-giver, quality data is generated, contributing to the advancement of scientific knowledge.
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. BScN considered an asset
3. Certification with CON(C) or OCN
4. Successful completion of Registered Nurse Physical Assessment Course, or equivalent
5. Current BCLS certification with ongoing re-certification mandatory
6. Demonstrated ability in patient assessment, teaching and counseling
7. Demonstrated leadership, organizational, critical-thinking, inter-personal and communication skills
8. Minimum three years recent oncology nursing experience
9. Experience in clinical trials research or recent related-educational experience (ie. Clinical Trials Research course)
10. Working knowledge of MicroSoft Word and Outlook and Internet Explorer; familiar with Sovera, PACS and Meditech
11. Public speaking and presentation skills considered an asset
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset