As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of patient care within the Operating Room.
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to meet patient needs and guides / directs and works with the multidisciplinary team in meeting those needs.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, evenings, weekends, nights, holidays; on-call as required for on call shifts, it is required to be at the hospital within 30 minutes.
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Perioperative Certification
3. Current BCLS certification
4. Demonstrated skill and ability in neurosurgery, orthopedics, general adult, plastics, urology and cardiac, trauma, vascular and oral surgeries
5. Demonstrated knowledge of patient care requirements and peri-operative standards in the assessment and management of adult surgical patients
6. Relevant (2 years) experience preferred
7. Must be able to wear lead aprons for long periods of time (aprons 15-20 pounds in weigh, works for cases 1-3 hrs in length)
GuidelinesHamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset