The Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops BC is currently seeking casual Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) technicians to join our team.
and performs related clerical duties and record keeping.
This is a casual position which means there are no guaranteed hours of work and work requirements may vary between 0 and 37.5 hrs / week.
Some of the typical duties and responsibilities for this position are :
1. In accordance with the principles of infection control, decontamination, sterilization, and aseptic technique, and established policies, procedures and safety standards :
2. Monitors and maintains established levels of sterile and non-sterile supplies used throughout the facility as per ward and department requirements by performing duties such as performing inventory counts, requisitioning supplies and equipment, reporting and recording shortages, problems and complaints related to instruments, supplies and equipment, etc.
maintains records on instruments, supplies and equipment processed and requisitioned in accordance with established procedures.
3. Receives, fills and delivers urgent and routine requests for instruments, supplies and equipment for the OR and / or other patient care areas.
4. Prints pick lists using a computerized system. Picks and distributes instrument sets, equipment and supplies for medical and / or surgical procedures for various patient care procedures / areas.
5. Replenishes procedure and specialty supply carts for various patient care areas on a regularly scheduled basis in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Performs routine cleaning / sanitation of work stations / areas, storage areas, processing machines and equipment.
7. Performs related clerical duties such as maintaining records, answering telephones, filing, typing and information retrieval from computer.
8. Assists with orientation and training of new staff and students.
9. Performs and records environmental safety monitoring activities.
10. Participates in evaluation and trial of instruments, equipment and supplies.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
NOTE : Please upload a copy of your Sterile Processing / MDR course certificate.