Salary Range As per instructional grid Temporary Market Stipend Incumbent Hours of Work 1442.75 hours Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
FT Monday-Friday schedule. 199 assigned days.
Posting Status Closed Special Instructions to Applicants
THIS POSITION IS POSTED AS TARGETED FOR A BUMP. ONLY MORE SENIOR EMPLOYEES ON THE RE-EMPLOYMENT LIST CAN APPLY.
Job Duties / Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Job Duties Job Duties QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE Specific Accountabilities
1.Select, design, update and construct training aids / materials.
2. Prepare and deliver lessons, assignments, lectures and demonstrations for education purposes.
3. Evaluate students through the use of exams, assignments and observations; and to record student progress.
4. Supervise students in classroom, shop, labs, tours, etc.
5. Counsel students and prospective students on matters pertaining to the program and job opportunities.
6. Assist in / arrange for equipment maintenance within the program.
7. Assist in conducting and maintaining inventory, and in ordering supplies, equipment and books.
8. Attend, whenever possible, staff meetings, trade seminars, workshops, etc. to keep current with industry and educational requirements.
9. Possess good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a team environment.
10. Communicate orally and on paper, ideas and concepts in an accurate and concise manner.
Duties Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Journeyperson Certificate in the Heavy Equipment Mechanics or Truck & Transport mechanical Repair trade.
3. Two years’ recent / relevant post-Journeyperson experience as a Heavy Equipment or Truck & Transport Mechanical repair mechanic.
4. Effective instructional ability.
5. Effective interpersonal skills.
6. Effective communication skills.
7. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Desired QSA Required Competencies