Under the direction of the Manager, Institutional Research and Planning, the Research Analyst provides routine and ad hoc statistical, written and verbal reports and summaries in support of college-
and, providing support to the Manager, Institutional Research and Planning. The Research Analyst is responsible for developing and administering surveys and preparing reports in support of program and service planning, evaluation and review processes as well as strategic planning.
The Research Analyst is also responsible for providing reports and data required by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, the Industry Training Authority and other external government and non-
government agencies and organizations. The Research Analyst, is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College, incorporating and practicing the Values in their work.
Position Competencies - Job Knowledge
2. Provides direct support to program and service planning, evaluation and review processes.
3. Provides direct support to the strategic plan, Board of Governors and internal planning initiatives.
4. Provides direct support in preparing institutional accountability plans and reports.
5. Provides direct support to marketing and recruitment initiatives.
6. Extracts, prepares, analyzes and summarizes data / information to produce various statistical analyses and reports for college-
wide, departmental, campus and unit informational, planning and decision-making needs.
7. Maintains an archive of educationally related statistical reports and demographic / socio-economic reports, and prepares summaries and analyses as required using appropriate tools and research methodologies.
8. Collects, analyzes and disseminates data / information on past and emerging internal and external trends relevant to the College.
9. Prepares and archives reports and data to meet Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, Industry Training Authority and other government institutional performance and accountability reporting requirements, and prepares and archives various reports in response to approved requests from other external government and non-
government agencies and organizations.
10. Prepares and validates cohort and data submissions for B.C. educational system research projects including B.C. Student Outcomes survey cohort submissions.
11. Exercises discretion and follows appropriate procedures when handling data / information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager, Institutional Research and Planning. Required Education & Experience 1.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent training in a related field of study such as a social science, statistics, computer science or business management discipline.
2. Three years related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
3. Experience planning, designing and conducting research, including statistical techniques and statistical software packages (SPSS) as well as advanced knowledge of survey methodologies and web-
based survey software (Survey Monkey).
4. Experience working with database technologies and query languages (SQL) at an advanced level to extract, import and analyze data, including Microsoft Access, SQL Server and Oracle.
5. Experience working with spreadsheet software at an advanced level, including pivot tables (MS Excel and Power Pivot).
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities 1. Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to work under pressure while planning and prioritizing tasks to efficiently meet deadlines.
2. Ability to work independently, including independent upgrading of training, skills and knowledge as technologies and requirements change.
3. Ability to demonstrate effective team behaviours such as active listening, collaboration, balanced participation, diplomacy and contributing to shared team goals.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
6. Ability to extract, manipulate and analyze complex data.
7. Sound numeracy skills with emphasis on accuracy.
8. Effective writing and presentation skills, including relevant software (Microsoft Word).
9. Knowledge of student information systems is preferred.
10. Knowledge of the B.C. post-secondary education system is preferred. Special Instructions to Applicants Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment.
If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.
Posting Date 04-30-2018 Closing Date Open Until Filled Link to Job Description Additional Information Posting Number 101769