The Registered Practical Nurse in the Pre-operative Clinic supports a high volume of patients for peri-operative surgical care and critical / acute areas, working with a diverse adult and pediatric population.
The Registered Practical Nurse will work within a complex interdisciplinary team and support and facilitate change. The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for the planning, implementation and assessment of pre operative patient in order to optimize care for the preoperative patient.
Schedule Work Hoursdays, evenings
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
2. Current Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR Course Diploma or equivalent
3. Current certification in venipuncture and completing a 12 lead ECG
4. Completion of a nursing physical assessment course
5. Physical Assessment Certificate
6. Recent (3 years) experience in pediatric and adult surgical skills
7. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high turnover environment
8. Evidence of commitment to professional practice
9. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
10. Demonstrated critical-thinking and decision-making in assessment and problem identification
11. Demonstrated excellent communication and organizational skills
Hamilton Health fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Operations at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset