Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do.
As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services.
Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
MUFG is one of the world’s leading financial groups. With over 350 years of growing the financial health of the world’s greatest businesses, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) has a global network of 150,000 employees, with 1,100 offices and 300 entities in more than 40 countries.
Our promise is simple. We serve our communities, foster economic growth and aim to become the preferred trusted financial advisers to our customers.
Together, we have the unmatched expertise and global capabilities to meet the diversified needs of all our customers in the Americas and worldwide.
A brief summary of the role :
Assist in developing and maintaining profitable relationships with both existing and new customers. Assist in working with customers at various levels to strengthen our understanding of their business, identify new opportunities and to drive profitability.
Provide in-depth analysis of current and prospective customers. Work with PMG, Credit and Senior Management to help get positive credit decisions in line with our strategy and risk appetite.
1. Business development and relationship management for existing customers of the bank
2. Assist with establishment of new corporate banking relationships for the bank
3. Assist with increasing ancillary profit opportunities including the development of new product offerings (and the delivery thereof)
4. Development, implementation, and reporting of internal business plans, as well as assisting with individual customer account plans
5. Provide input into the Business Development strategy and assist in execution
6. Prepare and / or oversee certain credit analysis or financial modeling, as required
7. Research and monitor specific targets or industries to identify new opportunities for the bank
8. Prepare marketing materials and make customer calls either individually or in conjunction with the relevant product officers or senior management
9. Coordinate business calling, help create the customer calling plan
10. Write Call Reports and coordinate follow-ups with Product Officers
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 5-7 years related banking experience
2. Advanced knowledge and experience in Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
3. MS Office Suite, Bloomberg, Capital IQ
4. Strong communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills
5. Exposure to Equity Research, Equity Sales and Trading, Credit Research and Investment Strategy, Corporate Finance, Private and Institutional Client Relationship Management, Corporate Relationship Management are considered an asset
6. Must be fluent in both English and French
1. Minimum : University Degree in Finance, Mathematics or related discipline. MBA, CA, CGA, CMA or CFA would be considered an asset.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as BTMU Canada Branch in 2016, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-
based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom.
The receipt of this application by The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., Canada Branch ( BTMU Canada Branch ), does not imply or guarantee employment.
BTMU Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act.
In addition, BTMU Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
BTMU Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.