Must be available for all shifts , 8hr shifts
$32.21 to $45.310 per hour, 25 year rate : $46.110 per hour
Position Summary :
A RN at St. Joseph's Health Centre (SJHC), who works in the Post Anesthetic Care Unit, works within a changing environment and with an inter-
professional team who advocates for and promotes wellness while ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and ethical nursing care.
The PACU at SJHC cares for all day surgery and admitted post-operative patients. It is a unit which is comprised of 17 recovery bays which allows the RN to share his / her knowledge and expertise with others and contribute to the advancement of nursing practice excellence.
The RN continually enhances his / her practice and competencies through ongoing learning, education, experience and reflective practice.
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Successful completion of Critical Care Certificate required, additional PACU certification preferred.
3. Recent PACU experience required; candidates without recent PACU experience may be considered if they have completed the Critical Care Certificate and there are no qualified applicants.
4. Current BLS certificate required.
5. ACLS and PALS issued by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, required within 6 months of hire.
6. Recent cardiac arrhythmia experience required.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving abilities and ability to work independently.
9. Demonstrated commitment to on-going education.
10. Satisfactory attendance record.