This position is responsible for performing a number of kitchen related activities including pot washing, dish washing and general cleaning duties in accordance with all HAACP policies and procedures.
This is an on-call position. Job Duties / Responsibilities : 1. Collects used pots, pans, trays, dishes, kitchen equipment and other utensils from the kitchen and brings them to the washing area.
Scrapes items to be washed and places dishes, trays, glasses and silverware in dishwashing machine.
2. Washes, dries and distributes dishes into designated areas and arranges them in an orderly manner.
3. Leaves the dish washing area clean at the end of the shift and ensures that the area including the floor, food wagons, storage racks, pot racks, sinks, counters and dishwashing machine are clean at all times.
4. Ensures the dishwashing machine is in good working order.
5. Maintains supplies of chinaware, napkins and service trays.
6. Keeps walk-in coolers and walk-in freezer clean and arranges the stored items in an orderly manner.
7. May serve at counter if required. Operates Point of Sale System as per established cash, debit and credit handling procedures, ensures all products are correctly priced and completes each sale by issuing a receipt to clients.
Prepares cash reconciliation sheets at the end of each shift, balances receipts to cash register tape and balances totals from own cash register.
8. Wears uniforms when on duty.
9. Attends food service department staff meetings
10. Performs other related duties as required. Job Duties / Responsibilities Part Two : Required Qualifications : Education and Experience
Skills and Abilities
Salary Range : PAYGRADE 14 - $18.5708 to $21.2182 hourly, plus payment in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays Position subject to the Compressed Work Week Schedule : No Posting Date : 10-
12-2017 Closing Date : Open Until Filled Application Needed : Staff Employment Application Special Instructions to Applicants : Please address your cover letter to the Human Resources Department.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Optional Documents : Other Document Required Documents : Resume
Cover Letter Direct Link to this Posting : careers.vcc.ca / applicants / Central?quickFind 53646