Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Int'l Banking Systems department provides & supports technology based solutions by creating, building, implementing and maintaining various banking products and services offered to International Banking customers through various delivery channels.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, the Advisory Programmer Analyst will actively participate in all phases of the systems development life cycle.
The Advisory Programmer Analyst will work in a multidisciplinary development project team environment which includes IT&S staff, business / operations teams, partners in other geographies and external vendor
Key Job Accountabilities :
1. Develop cost effective and efficient applications to meet business objectives by analysing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-
plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing / maintaining programs according to standards.
The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and / or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
2. Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development for assigned applications or technology.
Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
3. Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analysing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
4. Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required.
5. Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and backoffice processing.
Providing effective technical consulting and support services to the Division.
6. Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
Education : Computer Degree or equivalent
Computer Degree or equivalent
Location(s) : Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries.
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Job Segment : Developer, Programmer, Bank, Banking, Database, Technology, Finance