As a member of a Multidisciplinary Health Care team, co-ordinates, performs and evaluates Diagnostic Services examinations within the specific modalities and disciplines.
Guides and directs clinical and technical associates and students in a teaching and research environment and provides patient care within the core values of respect, caring, innovation and accountability.
Rotation though other modalities and sites based on qualifications and unit requirements maybe required.
Schedule Work Hoursdays, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays (standby as required)
1. Graduate of an approved training program in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
2. Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging with the CAMRT
3. Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario
4. Current BCLS registration
5. Demonstrated ability to work responsibly in a team environment
6. Demonstrated effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills
7. Effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical environment
8. Evidence of participation in on going education & professional development
9. Membership in the CAMRT / OAMRT preferred
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset