Our client in the health industry is in need for a client centric support specialist to be part of a forward thinking, growing, and talented team.
Bilingualism is necessary to work with a lot of the clients and this will be a position that will require a good amount of travel across Canada in the first year of employment.
The Support Specialist is responsible for providing advanced software support to our clients customers and internal staff.
He or she is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving more complex or time consuming issues related to computer hardware failures, software failures, network problems and SQL database related issues.
The Support Specialist also supports implementation and integration of products. Their products are in mission critical areas of the hospital and retail pharmacy environment, therefore, decisions must be made to assure maximum uptime for the equipment.
We expect the Support Specialist to resolve all issues that do not require development (coding).
1. Answer calls and requests to maintain established service levels.
2. Troubleshoot complex software, hardware, network and SQL database issues with greater resolution time requirements escalated by Support Analysts for assigned products.
3. Write SQL / Windows / XML scripts to resolve / troubleshoot data related issue.
4. Remote connect to customer sites to perform tasks such as (but not limited to) : performance analysis of client systems and databases, and execute scripts as necessary based on problems encountered.
5. Perform Software upgrade and migration to new platform.
6. Handle escalations of urgent customer issues and internal requests.
7. Responsible to keep Automation Databases in good state regarding migration, size, version and data accuracy.
8. Communicate and document technical issues and resolutions within knowledge base and across team.
9. Customize application configuration and reports to fit customer needs.
10. Collaborate with project manager and Implementation coordinator during implementation of new sites.
11. Support new customers during implementation and go live.
12. Responsible to work with customers IT department to ensure site readiness and escalation after go live.
13. Properly document all customer interactions and troubleshooting actions into the department’s call tracking system. Manage open calls to ensure appropriate resolution time.
14. Proactively identify trends at customer sites with respect to software that can lead to problems.
15. Remotely assist and support field service technicians.
16. On site installation of new machines required.
Skills and abilities required
Minimum Education Requirements